High blood cholesterol is a common health concern which comes with the risk factor of the development of coronary heart disease. Our Plant sterols can reduce blood cholesterol, as they have a similar structure to cholesterol, and can help to block parts of the digestive tract, preventing real cholesterol from being absorbed into the bloodstream.
Cholesterol balance is a key indicator of cardiovascular health. Maintaining a healthy cholesterol balance between “bad” low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol and “good” high-density lipoprotein is essential for heart health. Contributing factors to unhealthy cholesterol levels include diet, age, gender, stress and can also be hereditary. For many people, additional strategies for maintaining healthy cholesterol level are needed.
There are a number of ways to help maintain balanced cholesterol levels, including:
- Take our Plant Sterols supplement and eat food high in fibre such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat dairy products
- Avoid foods high in saturated fat and unhealthy fats in cooking
- Choose fish, lean meats and other quality sources of protein
- Take our Liquid Multivitamin and Fish Oil Omega-3 supplements every day
- Experts suggest that 30 minutes of activity everyday can contribute to healthy cholesterol levels
- Be aware of your cholesterol level, work with your healthcare professional and have your cholesterol checked on a regular basis
Our Plant Sterols can play an important part in keeping your cholesterol at a balanced and recommended level, when taken in conjunction with some of the above.
Experts advise all adults over 20 years of age to have their cholesterol level checked at least once every 4 years and thereafter as recommended by your doctor.
Phytosterol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate
Plant Sterols, Bulking Agent (Microcrystalline Cellulose), Anti-Caking Agents (Magnesium Stearate, Silica)
Nutritional Info per 1 Tablet
Plant Sterols 800mg